Family

Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

Being Spiritually Prepared

Normally my wonderful husband updates our blog. This time I really needed to post. I have been struggling with an assignment that the Bishop gave me for the Primary. At first it seemed very overwhelming and as though I was sacrificing so much and getting so little in return. I new these feeling were not coming from my Father in Heaven so I asked my husband for a blessing. In the blessing he stated, "the Savior sacrificed all even his very life and received no earthly reward." This one statement humbled me a great deal and changed my perspective. If the Lord of the earth can sacrifice all for me than no sacrifice is too great for Him.

I remembered a short video here from the 2011 Leadership Training that talked about being prepared spiritually for your assignments. I went back and watched it again and again. There is so much truth and comfort in this short clip for what my Primary Presidency and I are about to undertake. Just a few days ago I was wondering where my faith was and now I feel so much closer to the Lord. I am excited about where this assignment will take me spiritually. I feel a raising of the bar is taking place.

No comments: