Family

Family

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Best Vacation Ever!

Amber and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary in August 2011. We had the best time! We went on a seven day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. While we were on the boat I told Amber that I could not remember the last time we went on a vacation together just the two of us. Of course, the last time we went on a cruise was on our honeymoon back in 2001. But that was only for four days (which was not long enough). I'm not going to go into all the details of our trip here because I don't have enough time. I was thinking of it just now and remembering the good times we had. When we got home we decided not to wait another 10 years to go on another cruise, so we booked one for 2014. The trip gave us a sense of renewed love for each other and helped us recharge our batteries from the previous 10 years. That is one of the most important parts of marriage, the time spent alone with each other. Whether it be on a date night or other activity, anything to get away from the kids and fall in love again. It is definitely helped our marriage stay strong for these 10 years and Amber has been so supportive, I could not ask for a better companion!





"The relationship between love and appropriate action is demonstrated repeatedly in the scriptures and is highlighted by the Savior's instruction to His Apostles: 'If ye love me, keep my commandments' (John 14:15). Just as our love of and for the Lord is evidenced by walking ever in His ways (see Deuteronomy 19:9), so our love for spouse, parents, and children is reflected most powerfully in our thoughts, our words, and our deeds (see Mosiah 4:30)."Feeling the security and constancy of love from a spouse, a parent, or a child is a rich blessing. Such love nurtures and sustains faith in God. Such love is a source of strength and casts our fear (see 1 John 4:18). Such love is the desire of every human soul."We can become more diligent and concerned at home as we express love—and consistently show it."

David A. Bednar, "More Diligent and Concerned at Home," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 18


No comments: